Your mama always told you to eat your vegetables growing up didn’t she? Well mine sure as hell did! Todays recipe is simple & as always vegan! This recipe will fuel your body with tons of flavor and all the nutrients you could ever need!
Cashew Creme Veggie Wrap
Total Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Large Whole Wheat Tortilla or Pita
- Kale or other leafy green
- Cucumber cut into thin sticks
- Red Bell Pepper cut into thin strips
- Large Yellow Onion
- Carrots (Grated)
- Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 2 cups unsalted raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water (you can add more to thin it out)
- 1 large clove garlic
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth. You can eat it cold or warm.
I liked the mix of textures between some cooked vegetables and some raw. I sauteed the bell peppers, onion and a few of the zucchini strips in water until they were nice and soft. Once the cooked veggies are ready it is time ti assemble the wrap. The way I made my wrap was in this order:
- Tortilla w layer of cream
- Layer of carrots
- hot veggies
- raw zucchini & cucumber sticks
- sprinkled it with nutritional yeast
You can make it any order you want obviously. Don’t forget who told you to eat your vegetables! It was that damn vegan trainer guy Ben…oh and your mom! Enjoy!!