Fall is upon us! So lets embrace the flavors of this wonderful season! Acorn Squash is an often overlooked sweet natural treat. Fall isn’t just about pumpkins & sweet potatoes! This recipe is quick, simple,vegan,gluten free and will please the whole family!
1 Acorn Squash
1 Small Sweet Onion
2 Field Roast Apple Sage Sausages
1 Cup of Chopped Dinosaur Kale
1 Cup Lundberg Farms Brown Rice Couscous (GF)
1 Large Clove Garlic
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the squash into slices, 2-3 inches thick. Remove the seeds and pulp.
3. Brush all the sides of the squash with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
4. While the squash is in the oven, cook the couscousaccording to the package directions. Sauté onion & garlic with salt, pepper. I cooked the couscous in vegetable stock. I used “Better Than Bouillon” vegetable stock. The vegetable stock gives the couscous a nice flavor.
5. Place the cooked squash on a plate and fill with couscous. Serve and enjoy!